Monday, May 23, 2011

The Frankford CDC @ the National Main Streets Conference!

Greetings from the National Main Streets conference (http://www.preservationnation.org/main-street/training/conference/2011-des-moines/) in Des Moines, Iowa!

It's been a great two days so far. I've gone to sessions about cultivating youth entrepreneurship as well as using arts and culture as a means for economic development. And, yesterday, I attended a roundtable session for veteran main street managers - people who have been doing the job for much longer than me! Hearing what they had to say was very valuable. I hope I'll be able to return to Philly and put all of these ideas to work.

I'll be posting from Iowa again, but please feel free to email (mfeldman.fcdc@gmail.com) with any specific questions!

Best,
Michelle
Commercial Corridor Manager, Frankford CDC

No comments:

Post a Comment